静安区 2012 学年第一学期期末教学质量调研 九年级英语
（满分 150 分，考试时间 100 分钟） 2013.1
Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listening comprehension (听力理解): (共 30 分) A. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共 6 分)
D 1. ______ 2. ______
E 3. ______ 4. ______
F 5. ______ 6. ______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的 对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案): (共 10 分) 7. A) Asia. 8. A) Tina. 9. A) By bus. 10. A) History. 11. A) At 8:05. 12. A) For two weeks. 13. A) At a restaurant. C) At Shanghai Railway Station. 14. A) Draw pictures. C) Send e-mails. 15. A) Because he doesn?t want to eat anything. C) Because he has a headache. 16. A) We will destroy ourselves. B) China. B) Tina?s mum. B) By car. B) Physics. B) At 8:10. B) For a week. C) Thailand. C) Tina?s daddy. C) By bike. C) Maths. C) At 8:15. C) For two days. B) In a shop. D) At a booking office. B) Search information. D) Play computer games. B) Because he has no time to see the doctor. D) Because he wants to see the film “1942”. B) Fewer trees will be planted. D) America. D) Tina?s sister. D) By underground. D) English. D) At 8:20. D) For a day.
C) More trees will be cut down.
D) More sandstorms will come.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下 列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (共 7 分) 17. The story happened when the writer went on a holiday with his sister and parents. 18. Passengers were eating when the plane began to shake. 19. The plane went on bumping（颠簸）and the writer was very frightened. 20. The captain of the plane told all the passengers not to move around. 21. The writer felt comfortable though his drink fell on his trousers. 22. The passengers all wanted to go to the toilet besides the writer. 23. After the bumping, the passengers spent hours doing some cleaning there. D. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks (听短文完成空格， 每空格限填一词): 共 7 分） （ 24. The special festival for Thailand?s elephants is in the third week of ________. 25. The festival also ________ to show people?s relationship with the elephan ts. 26. More than ________ elephants will join the parades (游行) in the festival. 27. People also decorate their elephants ________ in the festival. 28. After the parade, the elephants go to enjoy breakfast and eat the ________ up quickly. 29. Soccer matches and dancing are ________ between elephants to show their strength and skills. 30. People used to use elephants in ________ in the past and they?re now important for the tourism.
Vocabulary and Grammar(第二部分 词汇和语法)
II. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共 20 分) 31. Lisa is ________ exchange student from Britain, but she knows a lot about China. A) a B) an C) the D) /
32. Though Mary?s son is ________ average height, he is a star in a basketball team. A) for B) with C) of D) by
33. Lili?s wish is to become a doctor when she grows up. What is ______, Sam? A) you B) yours C) your D) yourself
34. I?m afraid this pair of glasses is too expensive. Would you show me ______ pair? A) another B) other C) others D) the other
35. This kind of beef from India tastes _________. We don?t like it at all. A) delicious B) good C) well D) awful
36. In her opinion, short-term memory doesn?t work as ______ as long-term memory.
37. Some frightening pets ________ be kept home so that they won?t hurt others. A) can B) may C) must D) need
38. ________ convenient it is to send and receive e-mails on the iPhone5! A) What B) How C) What a D) How a
39. Parents should always keep an eye on little children, ________ they can easily get hurt. A) so B) but C) and D) or
40. You are not allowed to enter the exhibition ________ you have a ticket. A) if B) when C) unless D) because
41. We can hardly tell what life without the Internet will be like in the future, ________? A) can we B) can?t we C) will it D) won?t it 42. Listen! Mr. Wang ________ his speech on “Cormorant fishing in the past” now. A) will prepare B) prepared C) was preparing D) is preparing
43. Pansy agrees one of the basic ways ________ our memory is to use the link method. A) improving B) to improve C) improve D) improved
44. Nancy ________ many interesting stories about Damin since she visited the village last year. A) has read B) was reading C) read D) had read
45. Jenny denied ________ the magazines out of the reading room yesterday afternoon. A) take B) took C) taking D) to take
46. It?ll be a great honour if I ________ to the charity evening party next week. A) invite B) will invite C) will be invited D) am invited 47. –Tom doesn?t know how to draw a comic row of pictures. – ________ A) So do I. B) So am I. C) Neither do I. D) Neither am I.
48. Could you tell me ________ find another interesting detective story to read? A) where I can B) where can I C) where I could D) where could I 49. – Have a nice winter holiday, Ellen! – ________ A) Good idea. B) The same to you. C) My pleasure. D) That?s all right. 50. –You are so busy today. Anything I can do for you? A) Yes, you can. B) Of course. – ________ D) Thanks, but I can manage.
C) You?re welcome.
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each word can only be used once（选择最恰当的单词或词组完成短文。每个单词或词组只能用一次）: （共 8 分） A. begged F. friendly B. already G. hesitate C. planned H. both D. across I. looking for E. historical
John was waiting for the girl whose heart he knew, but whose face he didn?t - the girl with a rose. She was his pen pal. She had helped him a lot 51 in study and in life. They 52
their first meeting at 6:00 p.m. at Grand Central Station in New York. “You?ll recognize me by the red rose.” she wrote, “I?ll be wearing it on my coat.” So at 6:00 p.m. he was at the station 53 the girl with a red rose.
A young woman was coming towards him. She was wearing a green coat and was everything that he hoped Miss Maynell would be, but there was no red rose. Then an ordinary-looking woman walked past. She was He didn?t 55 54 past 40. On her coat there was a red rose. . “I?m John Blanchard, and you must be Miss Maynell. I am so glad you smile. “I don?t know what this is about, son,” she 57 me to wear this rose
could meet me. May I take you to dinner?” he asked. The woman?s face turned into a 56 answered. “But the young lady in the green coat who just went by
on my coat. She said if you asked me out to dinner, I should tell you that she was waiting for you in the restaurant right 58 the street. She said it was a kind of test!”
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their suitable for ms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词）:（共 8 分） 59. Overwork in big _______ in China has brought many problems to young people. (city) 60. MoMoWu(吴莫愁) prepared a lot for “The voice of China” and won the ______ prize. (two) 61. Many people are crazy at Moyan?s _______ in winning the Nobel Prize for Literature. (s ucceed) 62. LiuQian put some coins in a magic box and said “These coins will _______ soon.” (appear) 63. Martin helped the little girl out of a car accident, but he was _______ wounded instead. (serious) 64. Someone phoned the police that two young men were planning to _______ a bank. (robbery) 65. It?s amazing to see these local people wear their _______ hats and skirts in festivals. (tradition) 66. Recently there have been a _______ of health education activities in our school. (various) V. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填 一词): (共 14 分) 67. Susan played the violin in front of her schoolmates a week ago. (改为一般疑问句) _______ Susan ________ the violin in front of her schoolmates a week ago? 68. Teachers always encourage students to practice more after class. (对划线部分提问) ________ ________ teachers always encourage students to do? 69. Uncle Michael has been a professional F1 driver for many years. (改为反意疑问句)
Uncle Michael has been a professional F1 driver for many years, _______ ________? 70. Kitty expressed many thanks to her parents on Thanksgiving Day. (改为被动语态) Many thanks ________ ________ by Kitty to her parents on Thanksgiving Day. 71. Yesterday my friend Charlie said sorry to me because he broke my glasses. (保持句意不变) Yesterday my friend Charlie ________ to me ________ breaking my glasses. 72. We buy a special program in order to help the computer recognize our voice. (保持句意不 变) We buy a special program ________ ________ it can help the computer recognize our voice. 73. Mrs. Lin asked me “Have you finished drawing the picture?” (合并为一句) Mrs. Lin asked me ________ I ________ finished drawing the picture.
Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VI. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共 50 分) A. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 12 分) Do you have a mobile phone? Do you send text messages to your friends and family? Text messaging or ?texting? is becoming very popular. But, scientists have discovered that texting can give us problems with our hands. Be careful! Too much texting can cause swelling (肿胀) in our thumbs and wrists. Our thumbs are not made for pushing small buttons, over and over. Scientists call this problem RSI. We spoke to a doctor called Harriet Wilson, who treats many patients with RSI. She said we needed to see how much time we were spending in typing text messages. If we are spending more than 10-15 minutes at once, we could have problems in the future. We also talked with Dr Harjeet Deepa who treats RSI patients. He told us that the youngest patient she had treated was a five-year-old girl. She wasn?t doing well at school, so her parents took her for treatment. It was found that she had such bad RSI in her hands, she couldn?t hold a pencil. As mobile phones develop, they are getting smaller with buttons closer together. Texting with a smaller phone is worse than using a larger phone with bigger buttons. Using a computer keyboard and playing video games can also cause the same problem. So, more and more people could find themselves with RSI. Many university students and teenagers have RSI, as they do not know the risks (冒险) of spending so much time using computers, video games and mobile phones. If we don?t do s omething about this, too many young people could grow up in terrible pain. 74. What causes the problem RSI? A) More people have mobile phones. B) Texting is becoming very popular. C) People type too many text messages. D) Our thumbs were made for pushing buttons. 75. _______ were interviewed about the problem RSI in this passage. A) The writer and a little girl B) Harriet Wilson and Harjeet Deepa C) Three scientists D) Four doctors 76. The underlined part “at once” in the third parag raph means “________”. A) right away B) at one time C) finally D) immediately
77. The little girl who Dr. Harjeet Deepa treated couldn?t hold a pencil because ________. A) she didn?t go to school B) she was only five years old C) she had no thumbs at all D) she su ffered a lot from RSI 78. You can probably read this passage in a ________. A) comic strip B) story book C) science book D) detective story 79. From the passage we know _________. A) it is better to use a larger phone with bigger buttons B) it is worse to spend less time typing the text messages C) using the computer keyboard will never cause the problem RSI D) university students who have RSI know it?s dangerous to do too much texting. B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完 成短文):（12 分） The crowd fell silent as the starter called the competitors (参赛选手) in the men?s 3,000 metres to the starting line. As the runners were ready to go, all 80 were on two runners: Mark, the favourite for the gold medal, and a newcomer to the sports world, Jim. Mark was very experienced and was thought by many to be the finest 3,000-metre runner in the country. Until a few months before, Jim was almost unknown outside his hometown. But he had amazed his fans 81 leaving his opponents (对手) far behind him at one sports meeting after another. Many people thought Jim would do very well to finish the race, too. It was going to be an exciting race! “Bang!”The race had started. For the first half, Jim ran with Mark in the leading group. At the 1,700 metre mark, Jim was running with Mark, only about a metre behind. Suddenly the crowds, who had been cheering, became silent. Mark 82 onto the grass on the side of the track. He tried to get up, but he had been injured and was out of the race. The crowd believed that Jim 83 tripping (绊倒) Mark and they began to shout insults (辱骂) at him. Jim looked back, slowed his speed, and then went on with the race. But the race was over for Jim too, he slowly dropped back and finished in seventh place. Jim was very 84 by what had happened. Later, after the judges had studied the video of the race, they decided that Jim had done nothing wrong. Jim went to see Mark and Mark really felt happy. “I?m sorry for…” Jim said. “It?s not your mistake. I got cramp (抽筋) in my leg when I was running.” Mark interrupted Jim. “Such a thing 85 happens to me up till now. I?ve got to talk with the doctor and see what?s wrong with my leg. I?m afraid if the second time will come.” The two went on to become good friends and were often seen training together. 80. A) eyes B) bodies C) ears D) mouths 81. A) from B) by C) of D) with 82. A) walked B) stood C) ran D) fell 83. A) kept off B) depended on C) went in for D) was responsible for 84. A) pleased B) proud C) upset D) thankful 85. A) sometimes B) often C) never D) always C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的 词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给):（14 分） Li Ming has studied in the UK for nearly two years now. But he?ll never forget his first few weeks of living in a different country. The Food
In China, I?ll eat al most anything. But I remember the first food I tasted at school in England. We had this soup and it tasted of n 86 at all. In China, our food is quite salty, but we like it because the salt m 87 it taste nice. A friend advised me to try some cheese and biscuits. I thought biscuits were the same as ?cookies? in America but I was wrong. Again, I felt disappointed at the taste of the biscuits and the cheese was really sour. Introductions In China when you meet someone for the first time, you sometimes shake hands. I was so s 88 when my friend?s mother gave me a kiss when I left his house. I felt so embarrassed and I know my face went very red at that moment. T 89 When I want to go anywhere in China, I just take my bicycle. Here in England, I have to get a bus everywhere. It?s really confusing b 90 buses don?t stop automatically like they do in Beijing. You have to put your hand out, ring the bell or press the signal button. Socialising (社交) I remember when I went around to a friend?s house and I wanted to say “thank you” to his mother. In China, we often give people cakes as p 91 . The boy?s mother stared at the cake. She was trying to be polite but I knew from her face that I had taken something wrong. In England, a cake is more o 92 given on someone?s birthday. D. Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 12 分) Every month, junior high schools in China choose one hero of the month. This person is a hero because he or she has done something to help protect animals in danger. Huang Jing decided to write a letter to the President of China. Dear Mr. President, I have been doing a project at school recently about animals in danger. I think the situation all over the world is really awful. I am writing to you to suggest what China should do to help protect animals more. I know that there are nearly 2,000 nature reserves (保护区) in China, which is good. I live in Beijing and there are about 30 reserves outside the city. We visited one of them last month to see for ourselves. I feel so sorry for the giant panda. It?s one of the most popular animals in the world and a real symbol of China. We learned that pandas mainly live on bamboo, and that a panda can eat half its body weight of bamboo in 24 hours! That?s a lot of bamboo. I think we should try to do more to stop cutting down their forests. Pandas are already a rare animal and it would be so sad if they became extinct (灭绝) forever. The other animal we should try to protect more is the Chinese alligator (扬子鳄). These creatures live in some parts of eastern China. These beautiful animals live in freshwater rivers and lakes but the water in some places isn?t clean enough for them to live in. It?s really dirty in fact. The government should stop factories polluting the lakes and rivers. If we protect these beautiful animals in China, more people may wish to visit China to see them. They could be an important tourist attraction. It would be good if more people came to visit our beautiful country, especially to see the quieter areas in the country. Now most visitors just see the cities. I hope you will encourage more people to think about such an important subject. Sincerely yours, Huang Jing
93. What?s Huang Jing?s project at school about? It?s about __________________________. 94. What animals did Huang Jing talk about in his letter? __________________________. 95. How much bamboo can a panda eat in 24 hours? __________________________. 96. Why is the water in some places too dirty for alligators to live in? __________________________. 97. According to Huang Jing, how could animals become an important tourist attraction? __________________________. 98. If you are a hero of the month like Huang Jing, what else will you possibly do to help protect the animals in danger? __________________________.
VII. Writing (作文): (共20分) 99. Write a short passage of at least 60 words according to the situation given below（根据所 给情景，以“Jenny, a good writer around me!” 为题写一篇不少于 60 个词的短文，标点符 号不占格。) Situation: Jenny loves writing and often writes short passages for our school newspaper. You interviewed her last week. Please tell us how Jenny becomes a good writer. You have got some information on: (以下信息仅供参考) 1. Her hobby 2. Her parents? job 3. An award in writing in 2010 4. Extra work for the school newspaper 5. Her ambition