Review for the final exam 根据首字母或汉语提示完成下列句子。
1. There were no _________________(幸存者) of the air crash(空难). 2. They all climbed up the mountains ___________ ____________ ___________ (寻找) t
he missing girl. 3. _______________________________(毫无疑问), America is a powerful country in the world. 4. I think he should be sent to New York to ______________________(负责) that company. 5. Before moving to the new house, they need to buy some new ______________(家具). 6. The room was prepared for the ____________(接待) of the honored guests. 7. In the accident only two people s______________ at last. 8. In a trial, a judge only cares about whether the eyewitness has given true information which is called __________________(证据). 9. Anyone who saves the girl d______________ praising. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. He said he wasn’t prepared to ____________________(讨价还价). __________ _____________ __________(从某种程度上说), my programmer is like my coach. She ________________(简化) the instructions so that the children could understand them.. My mother uses some a flowers to decorate our rooms. During the conormic crisis, the company decided to _______________(减少) its workers. This drink c_____________ six vitamins including vitamin B. He _____________(假装) that he didn’t mind, but I knew that he did.
1. Its irregular and pleasing lines made an attractive ______________. (decorate) 2. The amber room _____________ (belong) to Russia was stolen by Nazis. 3. More than 1,000 ______________ took part in the _______________to _______________ for the first prize. ( compete) 4. The success of this project _____________(rely) on everyone making an effort. 5. Indeed he has a solemn(严肃的) face, but he is very ___________(humar) at heart.
1. 3. 4. 5. 7. 寻找 ________________________ 2. 处于交战状态 ______________________ 作为…的回报 _________________________ 毫无疑问；没有疑虑 __________________________ 值得做… _________________________ 6. 对….评价很高 ________________________ 拆开 _____________________________ 8. 属于 _____________________________
9. 每四年 ________________________ 10.一个接一个 _________________________ 11. 很久以前 ______________________________ 12.如释重负_________________________ 13. 突然大哭 ____________________________ 14. 用现金 ________________________
15. 熟悉； 与…熟悉起来 ________________________ 16. 依赖； 依靠 ______________________ 17. 认为有(重要性、意义) ________________________
in search of ; 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. at war; think highly of; be based on ; to be honest ; in cash
We _________________________ their research in this field. __________________, she doesn’t like to go shopping with her sister every weekend. Scientists are _____________________ a cure for cancer. Whenever he buys something in the shop, he will pay ____________ instead of by cheque. As everybody knows, theory __________________ practice and serves practice. Those countries have been __________________ for a long time. People there suffer a lot.
1. The road to the airport ____________ yesterday for we were warned to turn around at the crossing. A. couldn’t have been completed B. needn’t have been completed C. mustn’t have been completed D. shouldn’t have been completed 2. To our amazement, ______________ a little child could work out _________ difficult a problem. A. such; such B. so; so C. such; so D. so; such 3. Many university graduates have gone to the west of China to make a fortune, ____________ is just like the Amerian youth going to the West in history. A. it B. which C. that D. what 4. Ladies and gentlemen, please remain __________ until the plane has come to a complete stop. A. seated B. seating C. to seat D. seat 5. One of the young man’s paintings has been ___________ by some experts of the art field. A. high thought of B. well thought of C. highly thought D. good thought 6. There is still some doubt ___________ autumn sports meet will be held in out school, but there is no doubt _________ it will be held soon after our National Day holiday. A. that; that B. whether; whether C. that ; whether D. whether; that 7. --What do you think of the book? --Oh, excellent. It’s worth___________ a second time. A. to read B. to be read C. reading D. being read 8. He took away the bag not _____________ to him by mistake. A. belonged B. belong C. belonging D. belongs 9. It was in New Zealand ___________ Elizabeth first met Mr. Smith. A. that B. how C. which D. when 10. Tom was said to ___________ Mary for 40 years.
A. have been married to
B. have married with
C. have been married with D. had married to 11. He said in his letter that he was going to visit China _________ and he had the idea __________. A. long before; before long B. before long; long before C. before long; soon D. before long; before long 12. The happy look on his face suggested that he __________ the final examination successfully. A. passes B. had passed C. would pass D. should pass
Grammar and Usage
用 which; as; when; who; whom; where; when; why; that 或者介词加关系代词的形式填空。 1. St Petersburg is a very beautiful place, ___________ was once called Leningrad. 2. In China, I met a college student, _______________ has a strong love for cultural relics and took me to visit the history museum. 3. They moved the boxes to a mine, ______________________ they wanted to hide them. 4. I don’t care about the way _______________ they communicate with each other. 5. Which is the latest machine _______________ is invented by him? 6. He comes from Tibet, _______________ you can tell from his appearance. 7. We take pity on these children, ________________ parents died in the earthquake. 8. My father bought me several books, none of ________________ was interesting. 9. He returned to his hometown, ______________ he was brought up as a child. 10. Do you still remember the days ___________ we worked together? 11. I don’t think that is the reason ____________ he was late for meeting. 12. The computer _____________ I spent $800 broke down. 13. The computer _____________ I paid $ 800 broke down. 14. He has written a book _____________ I have forgotten the name. 15. The young lady ________________ my mother is speaking is my English teacher.
1. Villagers here depend on the fishing industry, ______________ there won’t be much work. A. where B. that C. by which D. without which 2. This is Mr.Smith, ____________ I think has something interesting to tell you. A. who B. whom C. that D. / 3. __________ is reported in the newspapers, talks between China and Russia are making progress. A. It B. As C. That D. What 4. The lecture was called off five minutes before it was supposed to start, ___________ made the audience angry. A. what B. that C. when D. which 5. He gave us another piece of advice, _______________ of great help to the research work. A. which I think is B. which I think it is C. I think which is D. I think it is
6. It’s announced that the opening ceremony and closing ceremony for the 2012 Olympics ___________ in the newly-built stadium. A. will held 2011. A. has been completed B. has completed C. will have been completed D. will have completed 8. Great changes ___________ in my hometown and a lot of factories ___________. A. have been taken place ; are being set up B. have taken place; have been set up C. are taken place; had been set up D. had taken place; will be set up 9. Although the causes of cancer ___________, we do not yet have any practical way to prevent it. A. are being discovered B. have been uncovering C. are uncovering D. have uncovered 10. Perhaps this is the only restaurant in this area __________ you can enjoy such delicious dishes. A. that B. by which C. which D. where 11. He has few friends, so he has nobody __________ he can turn for help whenever he is in trouble. A. about whom B. to whom C. with whom D. of whom 12. Professor Smith, along with his assistants, ____________ on the project day and night to meet the deadline(最后期限). A. work B. working C. is working D. are working 13. We have been told the good news, but when and where to go for the exciting vocation _____________ yet. A. are not discussed B. have not been discussed C. is not being discussed D. has not been discussed 14. All the machines ______________ by the end of the following week. A. were repaired C. have been repaired A. will be built B. is built B. will be repaired D. will have been repaired C. is being built D. has been built B. will be held C. is held D. to be held 7. The mayor of London says that all construction work for the London Olympics ___________ by
15. A new bridge ___________ here. They hope to finish it next month.
Computer programmer David Jones earned ￡35,000 a year designing new computer games, yet he cannot find a bank prepared to let him have a check card. Instead, he has been told to wait another two years until he is 18.
He works for a small firm in Liverpool, where most young people of his age are finding jobs. David's biggest headache is what to do with his money. Though he has high payment, he cannot drive a car, or get credit cards(信用卡). David got his job four months ago,a year after leaving school with six O-levels(普通成绩) and working for a time in a computer shop." I got the job because the people who run the firm knew I had already written some programs," he said. "I suppose ￡35,000 sounds a lot but I hope it will come to more than that this year."He spends some of his money on records and clothes, and gives his mother ￡20 a week as he lives with his parents. But most of his spare time is spent working. "Unfortunately, computing was not part of our studies at school," he said." But I had been studying it in books and magazines for four years in my spare time. I knew what I wanted to do and never considered staying on at school. Most people in this business are fairly young,anyway. I would like to earn a million and I suppose early retirement(退休) is a possibility. You never know when the market might disappear." 1.Why is David so different from other young people of his age? A．He earns an extremely high payment. B．He has got a job. C．He lives at home with his parents. D．He does not go out much. 2.David's greatest problem is that . A．he can't be treated as an adult(成年人)by the bank B．he can't make as many games as he wishes C．he doesn't know what to buy with the money D．he is too young to drive a car 3.He was employed by the company because ________________. A．he had worked in a computer shop B．he had written some computer programs C．he is clever and works hard at his lessons D．he had learnt to use computers at school 4.He left school after taking six O-levels because ______________. A．he was afraid of getting too old to start computing B．he did not enjoy school C．he wanted to work with computers D．he wanted to earn a lot of money
短文填词。 Dear Alice, w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
I have just got some good news to tell you w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m Iw a national prize for painting last week. 1.______ My father was so p_______ that he suggested 2._______ I go to England _______ a holiday. I’d like to stay there 3. ________ for half a month, _______(拜访) places of interest 4. ________ ______practising my English as well. We’ve been 5.________ writing to each o________ for nearly a year now. 6._________ I have often dreamed of _______(谈话) face to face with you 7.________ I imagine you’ll be ________ vacation yourself by that time. 8.________ I am looking f____________ to seeing you. 9.________ Perhaps we could go out to do some ______(观光) together. 10. _______ Best, Lily
巩固练习： 1. survivors 6.reception 12.simplified 2. in search of; 3. there is no doubt that 4. take charge of 5. Furniture 7.survived 8. evidence 9. deservers 10 bargain 11. In a way 13. artificial 14. decrease 15. contains 16.pretended 用所给单词的适当形式填空。 1.decoration 2.belongin 3. competitors ; competition ; compete 4. relies 5. humorous 将下列短语翻译成英语。 1.in search of / search for 2.at war 3.in return for 4.there is no doubt that 5.be worth doing…. 6.think highly of 7. take apart 8. belong to 9.every four years / every other three years / every fourth year 10. one after another 11. long before 12. in relief 13. burst into tears/ burst out crying 14. in cash 15. be / get familiar with 16. rely on 17. attach importance to
1. think highly of 1—5 A C B A B 2.to be honest ; 3. in search of 6—10 D C C A A 11—15 B B 4.in cash 5. is based on ; 6. at war
Grammar and Usage
用 which; as; when; who; whom; where; when; why; that 填空。 1. which 2. who 3. where 4. that/ in which / 省略 7. whose 8. which 9.where / in which 10.when 11. why 14. of which 15. to whom 单项选择： 1—5 D A B D A 6—10 B C B A D 11—15 B C D D C Reading 1—5 A A B C 填词： 1. won 6. other 5. that 6. which 12.on which 13. for which
2.pleased 7. talking
3. for 8. on
4.visiting 9. forward
5. and 10. sightseeing